We have jobs and careers that are as varied and exciting as the products we sell.
Please use the search options below to find a role, either by type or location.
Furnishing Department Manager - Ashmore
Job no: 501860
Work type: Full time
Location: QLD - Metro
Categories: Dept Manager / Team Leader / Assistant Store Mgr
Spotlight Retail Group (SRG) is Australia's largest privately-owned and operated family business, operating more than 150 stores throughout Australasia.
Comprising of iconic brands Spotlight, Anaconda and Mountain Designs, with the exciting addition of Harris Scarfe, Spotlight Retail Group is acknowledged and respected as an Australian Retail Industry leader.
If you have the kind of ‘Get up and go!’ that helped Spotlight grow from a family-run market stall to a successful global retailer, you’ll feel right at home as a Spotlight Department Manager!
What your day might look like:
- Support the Store Manager and fellow Management Team in all areas of the business
- Achieve sales growth and meet regular targets for your department
- Prioritise customers and a great customer experience
- Lead by example and communicate management expectations
- High volume stock management
What we’re looking for from you:
- Proven big box retail experience
- Experience with high volume retail sales and stock management
- Management experience; leadership of 10+ team members
- Resilience and ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to seamlessly multitask and time manage
- Career progression opportunities across SRG
- A supportive, collaborative culture that rewards initiative and creativity
- Access to a quality EAP
- Various retail discounts, gym membership discounts, profit share
To apply, please complete our online form and submit an up-to-date resume.
- You must have unrestricted working rights in Australia
- No agency enquiries or applications
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Found the perfect Spotlight role for you and want to apply? Great!
You’ll find details on our recruitment process below. Make sure you’re well prepared to keep your nerves at bay and to maximise your chances of making a great impression.
1. Update Your CV
Make sure your CV is up-to- date with your latest skills and experience, and that it’s tailored to the role you are seeking. It is a legal requirement that all Spotlight employees have the right to work in Australia.
You can apply online by selecting the relevant job link above, uploading your CV and completing the online application form.
3. Attend An Interview
If your application has been successful, we will ask you to take part in one or more of the following:
• phone interview
• face-to-face interview
• group interview.
4. Reference & Police Check
As part of the screening process, we will obtain your consent to complete two work-related reference checks and, for roles that require one, a police check.
5. Job Offer
Congratulations! If you have been successful, you will be able to accept your letter of offer online together with an employment pack containing information on
Spotlight and your responsibilities and entitlements.
Keen to work overseas?
Search Spotlight Careers to find a range of roles based in Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia and Singapore.