We have jobs and careers that are as varied and exciting as the products we sell.
Please use the search options below to find a role, either by type or location.
Job no: 499444
Work type: Full time
Location: VIC - Metro
- Australian owned and operated global retail business
- Career Progression & Team Member discounts
- A vibrant, team culture where we embrace pace, encourage new ideas & leadership
Who We Are:
We are an iconic Australian owned global retail organisation that includes the Spotlight, Anaconda, Harris Scarfe and Mountain Designs and more. From our beginnings as a single dress fabric stall at Queen Victoria Market Spotlight has grown to become one of the largest fabrics, craft, party and home decorating superstores.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Inventory Management: provide accurate business planning, analysis and guidance to the Buyer and Department to maximise sales and margin and to optimise inventory. Manage the Markdown process to deal with slow sellers and end of life Articles.
- Replenishment: manage replenishment parameters, oversee the allocations process and work with the Demand Planners to optimise inventory levels
- Analysis and Reporting: collate data and report on purchasing, inventory, product, marketing, markdowns and sales activities.
- Teamwork: working with multiple teams and individuals in Spotlight as well as working with our Vendors. Building relationships and taking a collaborative approach to achieve business operational and strategic objectives
- Tactical Planning: supporting the delivery of the Sales and Marketing plans, trading the range on a day to day and week to week basis
- Financial Planning: support the monthly re-forecasts using all available information; inclusive of indicators such as sales & stock, GMROI, stock turns, and margins
- Strategic Planning: work on the biannual category review and forward planning process within the team
- Must have demonstrated Planning / Senior Inventory Analyst experience in Retail
- Solid Analytical, Reporting and Forecasting experience
- In depth knowledge of retail operations, large store formats and high SKU count retail
- Strong ability to interpret data and results
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and the proven ability to develop strong working relationships within the team and with other areas of the business
- Intermediate / Advanced Excel skills plus knowledge of SAP an advantage
- Salary + Profit Share + Team discounts
- Flexible & supportive working environment
- Career opportunities across the wider group
To apply, please complete our online application form and submit an up-to-date resume.
You must have unrestricted working rights in Australia to be considered for this position
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
No agency enquiries or applications please
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Found the perfect Spotlight role for you and want to apply? Great!
You’ll find details on our recruitment process below. Make sure you’re well prepared to keep your nerves at bay and to maximise your chances of making a great impression.
1. Update Your CV
Make sure your CV is up-to- date with your latest skills and experience, and that it’s tailored to the role you are seeking. It is a legal requirement that all Spotlight employees have the right to work in Australia.
You can apply online by selecting the relevant job link above, uploading your CV and completing the online application form.
3. Attend An Interview
If your application has been successful, we will ask you to take part in one or more of the following:
• phone interview
• face-to-face interview
• group interview.
4. Reference & Police Check
As part of the screening process, we will obtain your consent to complete two work-related reference checks and, for roles that require one, a police check.
5. Job Offer
Congratulations! If you have been successful, you will be able to accept your letter of offer online together with an employment pack containing information on
Spotlight and your responsibilities and entitlements.
Keen to work overseas?
Search Spotlight Careers to find a range of roles based in Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia and Singapore.