We have jobs and careers that are as varied and exciting as the products we sell.
Please use the search options below to find a role, either by type or location.
Service Desk Team Leader
Job no: 499463
Work type: Full time
Location: VIC - Metro
Categories: Information Technology
- Australian owned global retail business
- Career Progression & Team Member discounts
- A vibrant, team culture where we embrace pace, encourage new ideas & leadership
Who We Are:
We are an iconic Australian owned global retail organisation that includes Australia’s most successful retailers encompassing the Spotlight, Harris Scarfe, Mountain Designs & Anaconda brands
As our Service Desk Team Lead you will manage our IT Helpdesk operation which supports multiple brands under Spotlight Retail Group. You will help drive existing Helpdesk team towards better service by improving communications, response and resolution along with continual process improvement.
You must be willing to work in a fast paced, dynamic retail environment. Strong customer focus and stakeholder management skills are essential.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Manage the help desk team to provide high quality service to customers.
- Provide Level 1 IT support to all stores, support group and our DCs
- Ensure customer service is timely and accurate on a daily basis
- Establish regular and high-level communication amongst Helpdesk team member, as well as the wider business
- Recruit, train and support help desk team members
- Set specific customer service standards
- Contribute to improving customer support by actively responding to queries and handling complaints
- Regular reporting in relation to problems, incidents and service requests
- Asset Management and ordering for IT peripherals
- Must have demonstrated experience in managing and leading a team
- Hands on experience with help desk and remote-desktop software
- Solid technical background with an ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience
- Customer-service oriented with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Team management skills - Experience in managing, motivating and leading a team - building cohesion and setting common goals to achieve high performance
- Be enthusiastic, energetic and passionate about managing people and driving high performance
- Strong Stakeholder management skills as you will be required to communicate across the group
- Retail Experience preferred but not essential
- Salary + Profit Share + Team discounts
- Supportive working environment with career opportunities across SRG
- A varied, exciting and ever evolving retail environment
- A chance to learn and grow your career in your chosen domain
- A vibrant, team orientated culture where we embrace pace and encourage new ideas
To apply, please complete our online application form and submit an up-to-date resume.
You must have unrestricted working rights in Australia to be considered for this position
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
No agency enquiries or applications please
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Found the perfect Spotlight role for you and want to apply? Great!
You’ll find details on our recruitment process below. Make sure you’re well prepared to keep your nerves at bay and to maximise your chances of making a great impression.
1. Update Your CV
Make sure your CV is up-to- date with your latest skills and experience, and that it’s tailored to the role you are seeking. It is a legal requirement that all Spotlight employees have the right to work in Australia.
You can apply online by selecting the relevant job link above, uploading your CV and completing the online application form.
3. Attend An Interview
If your application has been successful, we will ask you to take part in one or more of the following:
• phone interview
• face-to-face interview
• group interview.
4. Reference & Police Check
As part of the screening process, we will obtain your consent to complete two work-related reference checks and, for roles that require one, a police check.
5. Job Offer
Congratulations! If you have been successful, you will be able to accept your letter of offer online together with an employment pack containing information on
Spotlight and your responsibilities and entitlements.
Keen to work overseas?
Search Spotlight Careers to find a range of roles based in Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia and Singapore.