We have jobs and careers that are as varied and exciting as the products we sell.
Please use the search options below to find a role, either by type or location.
Job no: 499457
Work type: Full time
Location: VIC - Metro
- Australian owned and operated global retail business
- Career Progression & Team Member discounts
- A vibrant, team culture where we embrace pace, encourage new ideas & leadership
Who We Are:
We are an iconic Australian owned global retail organisation that includes the Spotlight, Anaconda, Harris Scarfe and Mountain Designs and more. From our beginnings as a single dress fabric stall at Queen Victoria Market Spotlight has grown to become one of the largest fabrics, craft, party and home decorating superstores.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Vendor liaison and interface: Communicate all planned orders to the vendor prior to raising POs. With the Stock Flow Planners, assess amendments proposed by the Vendor and conduct discussions with the Supplier until a final agreed plan is reached. Manage changes required by the Stock Flow Planners and Departments
- Purchase Order Management: Raising and maintaining all PO’s including liaison with the Global Sourcing Office to carry out these tasks for Global Sourcing Office sourced lines. Keeping Line Cards up to date with order changes Flow Planning as required
- Systems maintenance: Uploading required Min / Max targets to SAP in line with the required weekly schedule. Maintaining tracking of this critical task. Extracting data from SAP to support key weekly tasks (e.g. Requisition reports, Min / Max extracts)
- Reporting: Deliver Weekly Operational Reports to all required users in line with the agreed content and schedule. Deliver ad hoc reporting as required by Team Leader or Planning Manager. Develop new Reports and improve existing reports as guided by Team Leader or Planning Manager
- Background in Merchandise Planning, Allocation or Supply Chain within a large organisation, preferably Retail
- Systems literate. Background with SAP helpful. Advanced Excel (inc v-lookups + pivot tables) preferable
- Understanding of the Retail Supply Chain an advantage
- Strong organisational skills with evidence of ability to deliver on multiple workstreams and to deadlines
- Self-starter and high attention to detail
- Numerical, analytical, inquisitive. A forward thinker and problem solver
- Proactive, collaborative approach
- Ability to build strong working relationships, but also able to work independently
- Forward thinker and problem solver
- Salary + Profit Share + Team discounts
- Supportive working environment
- Career opportunities across SRG
To apply, please complete our online application form and submit an up-to-date resume.
You must have unrestricted working rights in Australia to be considered for this position
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
No agency enquiries or applications please
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Found the perfect Spotlight role for you and want to apply? Great!
You’ll find details on our recruitment process below. Make sure you’re well prepared to keep your nerves at bay and to maximise your chances of making a great impression.
1. Update Your CV
Make sure your CV is up-to- date with your latest skills and experience, and that it’s tailored to the role you are seeking. It is a legal requirement that all Spotlight employees have the right to work in Australia.
You can apply online by selecting the relevant job link above, uploading your CV and completing the online application form.
3. Attend An Interview
If your application has been successful, we will ask you to take part in one or more of the following:
• phone interview
• face-to-face interview
• group interview.
4. Reference & Police Check
As part of the screening process, we will obtain your consent to complete two work-related reference checks and, for roles that require one, a police check.
5. Job Offer
Congratulations! If you have been successful, you will be able to accept your letter of offer online together with an employment pack containing information on
Spotlight and your responsibilities and entitlements.
Keen to work overseas?
Search Spotlight Careers to find a range of roles based in Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia and Singapore.