We have jobs and careers that are as varied and exciting as the products we sell.
Please use the search options below to find a role, either by type or location.
Sales Representative - Rockdale
Job no: 499451
Work type: Full time
Location: NSW - Metro
Categories: Made 2 Measure Consultant
Spotlight has grown to become the largest fabric, craft, party and home decorating superstores. Starting as a single dress fabric stall at Queen Victoria Market, we have now grown to over 130 stores across Australasia. Our culture is all about our people! Get ready to start your career at Australia's leading specialty retailer today!
If you have the kind of get up and go that helped us grow from a family-run market stall to one of the country’s most successful family-owned global retailers, you’ll feel right at home as a Spotlight Made to Measure Consultant.
What's In It For You
As a Made to Measure Consultant with Spotlight, you can join our growing sales team with confidence!
- Generous uncapped compensation.
- Quality leads- company generated appointments. Also be greatly rewarded for self-generated appointments as part of our lucrative monthly bonus plan.
- 4-weeks of paid world class training, state-of-the-art tools including a laptop, smartphone, product samples, and other resources necessary for your success - at no cost to you!
- Fully maintained company vehicle.
- Supportive leadership team.
How You'll Contribute
- Expertly match our products and services to client's needs.
- Successfully close appointments by demonstrating our unique Value Proposition, and by building trust and credibility.
- Measure, record, and configure specifications accurately and efficiently, avoiding order errors
- Provide high- level client service and follow up in a friendly, professional and timely manner for both internal and external clients.
- Flexible to the needs of the business, including appointment scheduling, annual requests, attending team meetings and training.
- Live our Core Values of Integrity, One Team, Excellence, Superior Client Experience and Passion, to Delight our Customers.
- Understand and execute Company operating policies and procedures as outlined in Team Handbook to ensure client satisfaction
- Valid driver's license.
- Availability to work full-time five days per week, one being a weekend day
- Proficiency with using a PC/Tablet and with Microsoft Windows based programs
- Ability to follow new technology processes and systems.
- Drive within canvassing areas and accommodate longer drive times to meet the needs of clients outside of assigned area
- 2-5 years relationship selling experience within either:
- In- home or outside sales, preferably in specialty or custom product/services.
- Retail environment - ideally in like fields such as Home Decor/Furnishings.
- Education or experience in Homewares.
- Experience in closing deals.
ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Sales experience and ability to build trust with customers
- Quick learner who is adaptable, self-reliant, resourceful and handles competing priorities.
- Understands and carries out oral and written instructions, and requests clarification when needed.
- Expresses thoughts, ideas, concerns in a positive, respectful and productive manner.
- Works independently, but also functions well as part of a team.
We are seeking ambitious and driven individuals to join our growing team. We operate in a high-performance, dynamic culture and our work atmosphere is entrepreneurial. If this sounds like it could be you, this is the role for you!
Your career is what you make it at Spotlight so apply today!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Found the perfect Spotlight role for you and want to apply? Great!
You’ll find details on our recruitment process below. Make sure you’re well prepared to keep your nerves at bay and to maximise your chances of making a great impression.
1. Update Your CV
Make sure your CV is up-to- date with your latest skills and experience, and that it’s tailored to the role you are seeking. It is a legal requirement that all Spotlight employees have the right to work in Australia.
You can apply online by selecting the relevant job link above, uploading your CV and completing the online application form.
3. Attend An Interview
If your application has been successful, we will ask you to take part in one or more of the following:
• phone interview
• face-to-face interview
• group interview.
4. Reference & Police Check
As part of the screening process, we will obtain your consent to complete two work-related reference checks and, for roles that require one, a police check.
5. Job Offer
Congratulations! If you have been successful, you will be able to accept your letter of offer online together with an employment pack containing information on
Spotlight and your responsibilities and entitlements.
Keen to work overseas?
Search Spotlight Careers to find a range of roles based in Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia and Singapore.