We have jobs and careers that are as varied and exciting as the products we sell.
Please use the search options below to find a role, either by type or location.
Assistant Store Manager - Mt Gravatt
Job no: 499376
Work type: Full time
Location: QLD - Metro
Categories: Department Manager / Team Leader
Spotlight has grown to become the largest fabric, craft, party and home decorating superstores. Starting as a single dress fabric stall at Queen Victoria Market, we have now grown to over 130 stores across Australasia. Our culture is all about our people, get ready to start your career at Australia's leading specialty retailer today!
If you have the kind of get up and go that helped us grow from a family-run market stall to one of the country’s most successful family-owned global retailers, you’ll feel right at home as a Spotlight Team Leader.
As a Spotlight Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Store Manager and Management Team in all areas of the business
- Achieve sales growth and targets for your department
- Ensure that our customers are the forefront and leave with a great customer experience
- Lead by example and be on the frontline to set out management expectations
- High volume stock management
The Ideal Candidate
- Big box retail background with high volume retail sales and stock management
- Experience in a team leadership role of 10+ team members
- Effective leadership and people leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability in performance management
As part of the Spotlight family, we ensure that our people receive the career development needed to succeed as well as a culture that is motivating & inspiring. We are all about work-life balance and an ever-changing retail environment that’s always open to new ideas & constant development.
In addition to motivating your team, you’ll also be rewarded with:
- Great salary base + Super + Profit Share
- Rotating rosters – work/life balance
- Career progression & personal development
- Family & Friends discounts
Your career is what you make it so apply now to start with Spotlight today!
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Found the perfect Spotlight role for you and want to apply? Great!
You’ll find details on our recruitment process below. Make sure you’re well prepared to keep your nerves at bay and to maximise your chances of making a great impression.
1. Update Your CV
Make sure your CV is up-to- date with your latest skills and experience, and that it’s tailored to the role you are seeking. It is a legal requirement that all Spotlight employees have the right to work in Australia.
You can apply online by selecting the relevant job link above, uploading your CV and completing the online application form.
3. Attend An Interview
If your application has been successful, we will ask you to take part in one or more of the following:
• phone interview
• face-to-face interview
• group interview.
4. Reference & Police Check
As part of the screening process, we will obtain your consent to complete two work-related reference checks and, for roles that require one, a police check.
5. Job Offer
Congratulations! If you have been successful, you will be able to accept your letter of offer online together with an employment pack containing information on
Spotlight and your responsibilities and entitlements.
Keen to work overseas?
Search Spotlight Careers to find a range of roles based in Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia and Singapore.