We have jobs and careers that are as varied and exciting as the products we sell.
Please use the search options below to find a role, either by type or location.
Broadcast Media Producer
Job no: 498384
Work type: Full time
Location: VIC - Metro
About the Business
Spotlight Retail Group consists of Spotlight, Australasia's largest craft, fabric and home interior superstore, Anaconda, Australia’s largest outdoor adventure and sporting retailer, Harris Scarfe, Australia's oldest retail chain and the first choice for trusted homewares and apparel, Mountain Designs, the iconic Aussie-born premium adventure brand.
As part of our Support Group you’ll join a multi-disciplined team of professionals who are dedicated to helping our expanding network of retail outlets to succeed. It’s a hands-on, fast-paced culture that rewards initiative and great ideas – and like any family, we back you to achieve your potential with excellent training and career development opportunities.
About the Role
Working closely with brand marketing teams, this is a production-centric role that is responsible for the creation of broadcast content, comprising the build, approval and deployment of all TV, Radio, Cinema and OLV assets
What will you be doing
- Writing scripts for all Broadcast channels
- Build through motion graphics of all Broadcast visual channels
- Collecting and preparing assets & Managing VO records
- Outputting / transcoding materials for all possible output mediums
- Guide CADTV applications, material dispatch preparation, asset collection and preparation
- Direct uploading, checking, Q&A of commercials within broadcast specification
- Checking material delivery reports
- Continually learn and build a knowledge of and skills in, the development of television commercials, editing and motion graphics
- Assisting the wider Broadcast team with workload from Spotlight, Anaconda & Mountain Designs as required
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Must have 2 + years’ experience in a similar role within a fast paced in house retail or agency production environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate high skills in Adobe After Effects and Premier Pro
- Must have strong knowledge of IMD Cloud, Adobe Media Encoder & Video Codex
- Proven ability to maintain a highly organised work environment
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and pivot to changing requirements & deadlines
- Extremely strong attention to detail with good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong internal and external stakeholder management
One of the critical elements that bind all of the SRG's brands together is a shared set of values: People, Success & Excellence. SRG represents the best value and choice for millions of loyal customers who regularly shop at their local Spotlight and Anaconda stores, making SRG one of the most successful and fastest growing retailers in Australasia
To apply, please complete our online application form and submit an up-to-date resume.
You must have unrestricted working rights in Australia to be considered for this position
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
No agency enquiries or applications please
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Found the perfect Spotlight role for you and want to apply? Great!
You’ll find details on our recruitment process below. Make sure you’re well prepared to keep your nerves at bay and to maximise your chances of making a great impression.
1. Update Your CV
Make sure your CV is up-to- date with your latest skills and experience, and that it’s tailored to the role you are seeking. It is a legal requirement that all Spotlight employees have the right to work in Australia.
You can apply online by selecting the relevant job link above, uploading your CV and completing the online application form.
3. Attend An Interview
If your application has been successful, we will ask you to take part in one or more of the following:
• phone interview
• face-to-face interview
• group interview.
4. Reference & Police Check
As part of the screening process, we will obtain your consent to complete two work-related reference checks and, for roles that require one, a police check.
5. Job Offer
Congratulations! If you have been successful, you will be able to accept your letter of offer online together with an employment pack containing information on
Spotlight and your responsibilities and entitlements.
Keen to work overseas?
Search Spotlight Careers to find a range of roles based in Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia and Singapore.